Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Latest news (141)

Tuesday 9 July 2013

See The Reason My Family Name Was Changed From Ojukwu To Damasus,says Stella


The sexy,sweet and beautiful Nollywood actress stella damasus who recently got married secretly to producer Daniel Ademinokan  of the Nigeria  nollywood in the United State, told newsmen why her family name was change from OJUKWU TO DAMASUS.She narrates her story;

I hail from Delta State and was born into a Christian family of six children (five girls and a boy). My only brother d*ed 1991 because he was
asthmatic. I lived with my parents until I came to Lagos after my secondary school. I was living with my sister, i had the chance of getting into music and that was when I went to Klink Studio, i joined a band and started performing live. My Father, Chief SKC Damasus is a nice man. He was a banker by profession all his life. During the war he was a soldier and after the war he became a banker again. My mum is a banker as well. I was brought up in a home of bankers. Everything was all about reading hard and focusing on our studies. I had elder sisters as well,who wouldnt let me misbehaved. Growing up was fun.

My family name was changed from Ojukwu to Damasus during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war because we were being mistaken to be related to a warlord. I was told that my family name used to be Ojukwu but during the civil war there was confusion because a lot of my family members were mistaken to be related to one war lord. They were burning a lot of houses in my village so my father and his brother decided to adopt my grandfather's first name. It was a Greek name which was Damasus, my grandfather's name was Damasus Ojukwu. So I was born into Damasus not Ojukwu and the only thing I know about the civil war are the stories my parents told me says - Stella Damasus

0 comments:

Post a Comment